Which Between Juvederm and Restylane is Least Expensive?

Juvederm vs restylane

+1

The price for both are about the same and they both last about the same time.  I do not think there is a specific advantage of one over the other.

Uses of Juvederm vs. Restylane

+1

Until very recently Juvederm was only sold in .8 cc syringes. For most practitioners in our area, these were priced the same as a 1 cc syringe of Restylane.

We have found that the durection of the products is very similar, but prefer to use Juvederm in some areas of the face and Restylane in others. Consult with your practitioner and try to focus as much on the potential outcomes as price as if the outcome is not what you want, the price will seem a distant second.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Restylane vs. Juvederm

+1

Many doctors charge the same for each filler; although Restylane does come in two different size syringes so, it is possible if you only are treating one small area that the charge could be lower if the smaller syringe is sufficient.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Juvederm and Restylane

+1

Juvederm and Restylane are both excellent hyaluronic acid fillers with very similar indications.

Juvederm comes as an overfilled 0.8 mL syringe while Restylane comes as a 1.0 mL syringe. They cost about the same.

Juvederm on average lasts longer than Restylane although individual variation and injection location are also very important determinants of filler duration.

Whichever filler you choose, I agree that the expertise and technique of your injector is most important.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

Both Juvederm and Restylane are about the same

+1

Both Juvederm and Restylane are about the same price in terms of cost to the doctor. The doctor may go and back forth on which product to use based on location of injection (I like Juvederm in the lips). Juvederm is a gel compared to Restylane and flows easier. In all, a number of doctors choose between the two products as if they're Pepsi and Coke.

Hassan Galadari, MD
Dubai Dermatologist

Which is Least Expensive, Juvederm or Restylane?

+1

Hi Nikki,

The cost of the two products is very close. The more viscous filler of each product line is more expensive than the less viscous filler. Both manufacturers offer full correction discounts where the 2'nd syringe of the product is discounted. Ask your physician if she/he is willing to discount your 2'nd syringe.

The most important aspect of the filler is the physician whom you carefully choose to inject the material.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

No real difference for these comparable fillers

+1

I would not let any minor price difference make the decision for you. The expertise of the injecting physician as well as her clinical artestry and judgement are the most important issues.

Mary P. Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist