Filler and Strength Best for Multiple Areas?

I am a 58-year-old female. I had eyelid surgery done 4 months ago, and it left me with a hollow, skeleton-like look. I am considering having a injectable fillers such as Juvederm Ultra to correct this. Which strength of Juvederm (2, 3, or 4) should I opt for? I would also have fillers in others facial areas such as nasolabial folds, marionette lines, wrinkles around the mouth, and hollow cheek enhancement. Which filler of what strength would you recommend for each of the areas? I've learned from bad experience and this time would like to be as well informed as possible before further consultation and would value your guidance and advise in this matter.

Fillers for specific facial areas

+1

Unfortunately, if you are given precise guidance based on this written information without being seen in person, you might not get the best advice. The width, depth and texture of your folds are unique to you and each area is judged by the physician about to treat you and at that time the determination of which filler should be used is made. Some patients need layering with a more viscous or thick filler placed deeper to a thinner filler. Fat, Sculptra and Radiesse can be used on deeper areas whereas the hyaluronic acids, such as Restylane and Juvederm, and Evolence, a porcine collagen, are used more often on the superficial folds.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com

Filler, What is Best for Facial Areas?

+1

Hi Autumn,

Hope that you are having a nice summer.

I would advise you to stick with Restylane only under your eye lids, as sometimes Juvederm can be a little too hydrophillic and attract too much fluid causing too much filling. It is a difficult area to correct once this has occured.

Juvedrm 3 or 4 is fine for the other areas of concern on your face.

That having been said, the most important aspect of your treatment and ultimate successful outcome is the physician whom you choose to inject your face.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Web reference: http://www.drpersky.com/blog/archives/105-Eye,-Hand,-and-Heart...The-Secret-to-Facial-Cosmetic-Surgery-and-Choosing-Your-Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.