Will Injectable Fillers Fix a Black Triangle Between Front Teeth?

I have a gum recession and bone loss between my two front upper teeth which looks like a black triangle.. Veneers would look too wide if I do them to close it. If the bone/gum graft is not possible (as my periodontist said) in my case can injectable filler fix the problem? How long the filler would last? What specialist would be able to do that and how to find him in NJ?

Filler for Blac Triangles between teeth

+2

You mentioned injectible fillers which I do not think are applicable for this problem. Either a white bonded composite can be used successfully to fill the space or veneers can accomplish the same task and they can be made with gum color porcelain to match your gums. This is a tricky problem, and my suggestion to you would be to start with a more inexpensive approach such as the bonding first. It is less invasive and not permanent.  Hope this helps!

Valencia Cosmetic Dentist

How to fix dark triangles between teeth

+2

We have had great success in using white bonded composite to fill in the space between the teeth.  Veneers can be used as well with pink porcelain to simulate gum tissue. Consult with a cosmetic dentist to learn more about your options.  White bonding is usually the most conservation treatment available

Leonard Tau, DMD
Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

Filler for dark triangles on anterior

+1

I find that the best fillers for dark triangles can be bonded composites which can be trimmed to fit so as not to appear too large.  This can be tricky and will not fill the entire triangle.  Veneers can be made with gum colored porcelain between them to simulate gingival tissue.  Also sometimes teeth can recontoured and moved closer together with Invisalign.  So there are lots of options but you need a skilled cosmetic dentist that is comfortable with these concepts.  Get references from satisfied patients.

Scott LeSueur, DDS
Mesa Cosmetic Dentist