Can I Get Radiesse Injections to the Mid-cheek Area?

I'm looking to inject Radiesse to all the areas of my cheeks, including the buccal area. Is Radiesse used in those areas?

Radiesse to the Midface: Great choice for the cheeks

+2

Radiesse is a long lasting, calcium based filler which should be injected in a deeper plane than that of the hyaluronic acid based fillers. It is great for a volumizer in the cheek area as it is more of a soft tissue implant than the softer gels. You may want to try Radiesse in the deep malar area for increased cheek projection and then layer a hyaluronic acid based filler like Juvederm in the buccal area and tear trough. It really all depends on what areas you want treated and how much volume you want in this area. Always keep in mind that a surgical midface lift is a long term solution to this problem as well.

Radiesse -- great for cheek augmentation

+2

Radiesse is a great volumizing filler for augmenting the cheek area.  Unlike Juvederm or Restylane, Radiesse is a more robust, thicker filler, which means a small volume goes a long way.   It is also longer lasting than Juvederm and Restylane.  It is ideal for revolumizing the cheek areas.  

As always when it comes to fillers, what's more important than choosing a product is choosing the right physician.  I would encourage you to seek an expert board certified dermatologic surgeon who understands the anatomy and the artistry involved.

Dr. Margaret Mann

Margaret Mann, MD
Cleveland Dermatologic Surgeon

Radiesse is a terrific filler for cheeks

+1

Radiesse is an excellent filler for the cheeks. 

Also, it lasts longer than the hyaluronic acid fillers  (Juvederm and Restylane). 

In general, though, most experts feel Radiesse is not the best choice for the lower eyelid / cheek junction  ("tear trough").

Mark Lucarelli, MD, FACS 

Madison, WI

Mark J. Lucarelli, MD
Madison Oculoplastic Surgeon

Radiesse is great to enhance cheeks

+1

Radiesse is probably my favorite filler to enhance the cheeks.  It provides great volume and projection to cheeks that have sunken with age or have never been full to begin with.   It is also great for nasolabial folds,  marionette lines and other areas of the face that require volumization or have deep lines.  (I wouldn't recommend it for the lips, fine lines or tear troughs)

Grant Stevens, MD

Radiesse for cheek augmentation

+1

Radiesse is a great filler for the cheek area.  Not only does it fill in the area for about one year, but it also promotes the stimulation of new collagen ingrowth. It can have a very nice effect at restoring volume to the mid and upper cheek area, perhaps better than hyaluronic acid fillers (Restylane, Juvederm).

Do not have Radiesse injected too close to the lower eyelids however.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Radiesse is great to reestablish the cheek fullness!

+1

Radiesse is one of my favorite of all fillers because the results are amazing. It is one of my favorite procedures to do because I can be an artist with the face. It is a wonderful filler for many areas of the face, in particular, it is extremely effective for reestablishing the descent of the mid-cheek which gives a flattened appearance to the midface and accentuates the lower eyelid changes.  The Radiesse rejuvinates the mid-face by establishing the fullness of the cheek and also will soften the separation of the flattened cheek and lower eyelid fullness that is seen with aging. This can mask the lower eyelid fullness caused by the herniation of fat that makes the eyelid bulge and worsen the excess wrinkling around the lower eyelid. The fill is done to the point of correction so you can seen your result immediately.  I inject the Radiesse in a symmetric fashion from side to side so that I can maintain symmetry.  It is also important to inject the Radiesse relatively quickly so that swelling does not affect the amount of Radiesse to be injected. 

I hope this has been helpful!

Kimberley O'Sullivan, MD
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse works in mid cheek area, but do the apples first!

+1

Yes this works but I would start by injecting higher, at the apples of your cheeks first and see how that looks.  In many cases this is adequate to get a really nice cosmetic improvement.  It really adds a nice rounded contour to the cheeks.  Of course if you and your doctor feel that more is needed lower then go for it.  As long as you have an experienced injector you should be fine.

Daniel J. Ladd Jr., DO
Austin Dermatologist

Radiesse for cheek augemtation

+1

Radiesse works well for cheek volume augmentation especially in a liquid facelift.  The product is good for volume, not for fine lines.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Radiesse excellent for cheeks

+1

Radiesse is an excellent option for augmenting the cheeks. It is definitely one of the more difficult areas to treat, and it does take experience. I have had great results with filling in the cheeks, and I usually place deep injections. For filling in the lower areas of the cheek, I prefer a hyaluronic acid filler, which I think gives a softer, more natural result. For this reason, I will often use both fillers in the same patient to achieve a natural result.

Ryan Greene, MD, PhD
Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is Radiesse Best filler for the Face and Buccal Area?

+1

Hi rfazar,

Radiesse can be used to replace  lost volume in the face.  More important than using Radiesse is the injecting physician.  Therefore, choose your injecting physician most carefully.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD