Is It Possible to Inject More Than a Pound of Fat into Each Buttock for a Brazilian Buttlift?

is it possible to inject more than a pound of fat into each buttock for a brazilian buttlift? I want a pretty big difference in my bum. I was wondering since they would probaly be taking out about 10 pounds from all over, can at least 2 pounds be injected into each cheek?

Outcome of Body Contouring Surgery is never measured in pounds

+2

Hi there-

I'm a bit worried based on the phrasing of your question that you are not having your surgery performed by a responsible, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, or that your expectations may not be appropriate...

Body contouring surgery, including the Brazilian Butt Lift technique, is performed with the goal of improving the body shape and silhouette. Undergoing surgery with the goal of weight loss, in order to wear a smaller size in clothing, etc., would greatly increase your chances if postoperative disappointment.

The Brazilian Butt Augmentation is a safe and effective means of improving your body shape, but only when patient expectations are reasonable, and the procedure is performed in an accredited facility with responsible anesthesia care, and in the hands of a qualified surgeon Certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery.

It all about proportions for the Brazilian butt lift

+1

It is possible to inject between 1000–1500cc of fat into each buttock in certain situations, but there is a greater risk of fluid collections to form that will require aspiration.

The ultimate shape of your buttocks will be determined by multiple factors although  the bigger is not always the better. Improving your PROPORTIONS IS THE KEY TO BEAUTIFUL RESULTS. I do not think a good result is a bigger result; instead, what is important is having a better hip to waist ratio in addition to having a better and fuller behind.

Wilberto Cortes, MD

Brazilian butt lift in the amount of fat you can inject

+1

The Brazilian butt lift is a liposuction and fat injection. In most of my cases my patients want all of the available fat injected into the buttocks. I usually consider volume and not pounds when you talk about the fat injection.

If I get 3000 mL of fat and fluid removed from the liposuction I will get about 1000 mL of fat cells that are good enough to inject. Of that 1000 mL in the best case scenario I expect 65 to 70% of the cells to live and give permanent result in the buttocks. So that would be a 700 mL change in the buttocks.

The other thing that is important to consider is that the liposuction plays a major role in improving the look of the buttocks. If you can make a narrow waist and the buttocks looks bigger and better. Another fact is that liposuction is not a weight loss procedure is a shape changing procedure. When you take away fat cells from the abdomen flank and back another part of the body must take up that storage. And a lot of patience this is the buttocks. In my patients who have tummy tucks or liposuction by itself the buttocks usually gets bigger because the calories have no place else to go.

I've had thin patients and only had 500 mL total fat to inject and made great changes in the patient's appearance with the liposuction creating a very narrow waist and the small amount of  fat changing the shape of the buttocks.

Wendell Perry, MD