Can I Inject Fat into my Hips to Even out my Body For an Hourglass Shape?

I have a 29" waist and love handles that are 38" at the fullest part. When the love handle curve ends, the line goes in and then goes out for 42.5" hips. It looks like a triple curve on my body. 1) Is there a way I can just get fat injected into the line that goes back in so that way the love handle curve extends into my hips, making it look like an hourglass shape? 2) Does the fat need to be injected just at the sides or around the whole body? What is the procedure called, if it does exist?

Liposuction and fat transfer

+1

Thank you for your question. Photos in for your situation would be helpful.  To answer your questions, yes, fat transfer can work and liposuction works. You may even consider a combination of both since fat does have to be harvested from your body for the fat transfer.

To be sure you can have fat transfer, see at least two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.  I hope this helps.

Fat transfer for improvement in body shape is very successful- in the right hands

+1

Hi there-

Without seeing you for a formal examination, it would be very difficult to say whether what you want is possible, or what your options would be.

On the other hand, please know that fat grafting for improvement in the shape of the waist, abdomen, back, buttocks, and thighs has been extremely successful when performed by a surgeon with a lot of experience in the technique. I would say that more than 75% of the reason patients are dissatisfied after this procedure is because they had it done by someone inexperienced and/or un-skilled in the technique (with most of the remaining 25% unhappy because they did not follow postoperative instructions).

The best way to be safe and to maximize your chances of achieving the beautiful and natural outcome you desire, is to find a surgeon you like and feel you can trust, and whose outcomes show the beautiful and natural long term results associated with skill, and talent. Visit them for a consultation and examination.

Web reference: http://www.orlandobrazilianbuttlift.com

Fat transfer.

+1

Fat transfer is possible for all types of body contouring. However, given your description it sounds as though liposuction (rather than fat transfer) maybe more appropriate to smooth the transition from you waist to your thighs. Prior to any procedure however, be sure that the surgeon you are seeing is Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. You can find a surgeon in your area by going to the ASPS website.

Web reference: http://www.drbogue.com

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer for hip and waist contouring

+1

Yes you can have fat injected into the lateral (side) portion of your hips to improve the contour. This is done quite commonly during a Brazilian buttock augmentation. The waist line and love handles also need to be contoured as well. I can give you a better answer if you include photos in your post. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person examination.

Dr.Bruno

Web reference: http://www.williambrunomd.com

Lipotransfer to fill in hips

+1

Certainly fat transfer is a popular topic for face, buttock, and breast. Fat grafts or lipotransfer can also fill dents or hollows just above the saddlebag, or practically anywhere to alter contour. Transfers can be very opertor dependent, and you should expect significant resorbtion, but are worth looking into.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com

Inject Fat into Hips

+1

Thank you for your question. Ideally, it would be great to see pictures of your areas of concern. Generally speaking, fat can be grafted anywhere you would like.  Fat grafting is an excellent method to get more symmetry, fill in depressions and so forth.

Surgical Creation of the Hourglass Figure

+1

Liposuction with, or without fat transfer can create a leasing hourglass figure. Liposuction of the back, or "Back Scoop Surgery" can accentuate the normal curvature (lordosis) of the low back and the V Zone created by the diverging margins of the upper buttocks. Liposuction of the waist and hips can further sculpt the waist. Transferring fat to the buttocks (Brazilian Butt Lift) can further accentuate and enhance the figure.

What would be best for you? You need to meet with one or more Plastic surgeons and get educated on all your options. 

Good luck. 

Fat Transfer

+1

Without pictures or seeing you in person, it is impossible to give you specific advice.  However, yes, it is often possible to perform liposuction in one area of your body and transfer/inject that fat to another area of your body.  This is commonly called fat grafting or fat transfer.

Good Luck.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com

Brazilian Butt Lift/Fat Grafting to your hips

+1

Hey Xmika
It sounds to me as though you have a pretty large discrepancy
between your hips and love handles. Adding to that the fact that you say it curves in beneath your love handles before reaching your widest point of your hips, makes it a very large discrepancy!  I think this would be best treated with a combination of liposuction to reduce your hips somewhat, as well as fat grafting into the more narrow area just below your love handles.  This is typically what I do when performing the Brazilian Butt Lift.  This provides a beautiful hourglass shape to your figure.

Web reference: http://www.DiscoverTheBeauty.com

Fat Injection Grafting Into The Hips

+1

One of the major advantages of injectable fat grafting is its versatility in placement. Like any injection technique, the material can be placed through the skin into just about any body area. Lines or grooves can be injected but it is difficult to make a linear skin indentation to plump out and be perfectly round or convex. This is a function of any residual creasing that exists in the skin not an underlying fat volume deficiency. The fat should be injected just underneath the skin area which creates the contour indentation.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com/fat-grafting.html