Can You Inject Botox and Filler at the Same Time in the Same Place?

i have a very deep line between my eyebrows, I was told it would need a few units of botox, but also some filler to get ridd of it. Can that be done at the same time, in sort of the same place? thank you

Mainz Botox and Juvederm

+1

can be injected in the same session, even in the same area. Sometimes it is worth waiting for the Botox effect before using Juvederm 

Mainz Dermatologic Surgeon

You can inject BOTOX and filler at the same time in the same place

+1

You can inject BOTOX and filler at the same time in the same place, but they are usually injected into different planes of the tissue. Even though they are injected into the same areas of your face, one is injected into the muscle and one may be injected under the skin or in the skin. 

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

We commonly use Botox or Dysport along with fillers in the same area

+1

We commonly use Botox or Dysport along with fillers in the same area, all over the face Each helps in a different way. The Botox or Dysport helps to maintain the benefits of the filler. The filler helps to plump out wrinkles.

William P. Coleman III, MD
Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and fillers for the glabella "11"

+1

If the vertical lines between the eyebrows are very deep, they may need filler to help flatten them, but if you are not in a rush, and can wait for several sessions of Botox to keep the muscles relaxed (usually reinject every four months), the lines may fade away. If you wish to have the lines go away faster, I would normally recommend evaluating the result of the Botox two weeks after the injection before a filler is placed, unless you have a social function in the near future and wish to look your best for it. In that event, I would inject the filler first, and immediately after place the Botox to avoid displacement of the Botox that could occur if the order were reversed.

Ronald Shelton, MD

I usually inject botox first and then assess whether a filler is necessary 2 weeks later

+1

Injecting botox first and then to follow it immediately with a filler can risk problems with moving the botox around.  There is not sufficient scientific evidence documenting the safety of both at the same time.  It is not widely accepted.  If the botox and restylane are used in different places then it is more okay and accepted in my opinion.  I like assessing the results of the botox first and determining if the results of the botox is achieving the results that you or the client likes.  If more results are desired then you can consider the filler 2 weeks later.  This also allows the filler to stay longer because the muscles are not causing the dispersement of the filler and also the metabolism of the filler to be increased.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and Filler

+1

Yes, the two can be done at the same time, butI often have my patients stage it. The Botox is a paralytic, and will prevent you from making the wrinkle.  Once it is in effect ( a week), I then use the filler to mask the lines.  Sometimes, if you do them at the same time, you push the filler out of the way everytime you make that wrinkle because the muscle is still active ( it takes 3-5 days for the Botox to kick in).  I hope this helps.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon

Botox and filler in the forehead

+1

Glabella lines can be tough to eliminate completely. Often I will treat the area with Botox or dysport first. If the lines persist because of "etching," then a filler may be appropriate to soften the area.

Botox and Fillers in Glabella Simultaneously

+1

Yes, it can be done in cases when the lines are very deep. The initial response from Botox will show how much improvement can be achieved by paralyzing the muscle. If the groove has been there for a long time the it will also need a filler to fill it up.

Ideally I like to try Botox first and after about two weeks assess the area for the need for a filler.

Regards

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Yes but filler first

+1

This certainly can, and is often, done. The hyaluronic acid filler should be performed  first, since if Botox is injected initially,  it might obscure the line(s) meant for correction.

Be sure your physician is experienced in this technique, since injecting in this area must be done cautiously and with great circumspection. A number of cases of vascular necrosis with facial gangrene have been reported in this area. In fact, this is the location which has most often resulted in this abysmal sequelae. ( Make sure your physician has hyaluronidase and topical nitroglycerin just in case).

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Filler and Botox at the same time

+1

I would like to inject botox first and then filler at a later time for optimal results.  The botox will help to really relax the lines and the filler can give the total correction, or the correction that the botox can not achieve.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD