Can Injection of Vitrase in Lower Cheek Migrate to Eyes?

I had juvaderm injections in my cheeks and the next day there was a blockage. Doctor said I needed to have vitrase injected to prevent skin necrosis. He injected 1800 units of vitrase. The blockage and swelling in my cheek subsided within a couple of weeks but I now have horrible indentations and dark lines underneath my eyes that were not present prior to injections. Could the vitrase have dissolved the tissue underneath my eyes? Is this permanent or will it regenerate and if so, how long?

Hyaluronidase hasn't been shown to dissolve normal tissue

+2

We don't have any reports that hyaluronidase dissolves normal ground substance in the dermis.  It had been used by some surgeons who do elective eyelid surgery such as blepharoplasty, mixed in the local anesthetic to facilitate spread of the anesthetic without multiple injections thereby limiting trauma and bruising. During these last few decades that that had been done I am not aware of any reports of the enzyme causing hollowness.  I even studied this in my own tissue and did not see any change in the dermis thickness after injection of approximately 60 units of hyaluronidase. Possibly, though, the 1800 units you quoted might have dissolved some of your normal hyaluronic acids as a dose-dependent reaction. This needs to be studied, but the answer is not available currently.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/fillers/index.html