Inherited Heavy Brows and Deep Nasolabial Folds (22 Years Old)?

I inherited heavy brows and very deep nasolabial folds. I've already done blepharoplasty but there's hardly any difference. People give me +10 years which is so depressing at my age (22). I hate the tired and angry appearance. What could be done? Brow lift and middle face lift or am I too young for this? What are my options? Thank you!

At 22 years make a long term plan and take it slow

+2

Pictures would be helpful to help us  guide you towards the best solution for you.  While low brows can be treated with Botox and Nasolabilal folds with Juvederm, a more long term surgical solution should not be ruled out because of age, no more than ruling out a chin implant in some one with a small chin just because it can be "filled" temporarily  Certainly, plastic surgeons would not have a 22 year old wait for this surgery. That being said... a long term and reasonable approach and plan should be developed. Often several opinions are helpful in seeing all your options. Make sure you find a surgeon who has your best interest in mind and will "under promise" and hopefully "over deliver"!

Naples Plastic Surgeon

Deep folds , heavy brows

+2

Dear klara,

For most 22 years old, Botox and Restylane are the way to go. For heavy frowning , Botox is a miracle drug. For heave fold, you can use fillers like Restylane, however, if the folds are realy deep, which rarely happens at that young age but I'v seen it happen, than, partial MACS face lift is your better option. A deep permanent suture will lift the folds, the corner of the mouth and fill up the tear trough and lid-cheek junction. This will last for many years as oppose to the fillers , that can last 6-12 months. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced with the MACS face lift technique.

Dr Widder

Shlomo Widder, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Need photos

+1

to make an informed comment here. 22 is too young to consider primary brow or facelifting in my opinion.

Dominic Bray, MBBS, FRCS
London Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift do not do a good job on the nasolabial fold long-term.

+1

Even though most facelifts takedown the nasolabial fold and restore youth to the area, this anatomic feature is generated by facial expression. Over time the muscles will when out in the nasolabial fold will reemerge. Therefore, as an isolated issue, fillers are used to take care of this problem area.

Early Facial Aging

+1

If one has early facial aging one can do fillers or neuromodulators to help shape and contour the face. Surgery usually is not indicated in this age group.

Rod J. Rohrich, MD

Cosmetic surgery is an Art and a Science

+1

Without a photo I cannot answer the question. Your eyebrows can be trimmed at any hair salon. Discuss these issues with your surgeon. Thomas Narsete, M.D. Thomas Narsete, M.D.

Thomas A. Narsete, MD
Greenwood Village Plastic Surgeon

Inherited Heavy Brows and Deep Nasolabial Folds

+1

You should consider an endoscopic forehead lift, a procedure with relatively quick recovery. At your age, I recommend filling the nasolabial folds rather than any surgery.

Peter T. Truong, MD
Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon

It exsists surgical and lasting conservative methods like botox/exsisten metodos modeernos conservativos

+1

yes  can be corrected the heavy browns lifting them by the head 1 cms incitions and browns liberation  plus narrowing the frontal tenon and happen a botox effect but without any seen facial incition( ARE NOT RUSSIAN SUTURES), plus your own fat and plastma  refilling  your deep nasolabial folds looking the results very natural, healthier and lasting

si debe ser corregido en personas jovenes como tu con metodos conservadores evitando cicatrices es una operacion moderna no son los hilos rusos con efecto comoel botos pero mas duradera,  natural y estupenda, los  surcos nasogenianos se rellenan con  tu propia grasa y plasma

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

I feel older than 22

+1

Pictures would be helpful. Typically, in younger patients, less invasive options are used. Fillers are great options for the nasolabial fold region as well as the temple and brow area. The result of fillers in the temple and brow region is a subtle lift that can make you look more refreshed. Another option as mentioned below is botox which can also provide a subtle lift.

Todd C. Miller, MD

22 Years Old and Brow Lift and Midface Lift

+1

I probably would not advise either for someone your age, but I would have to see pictures or examine you to determine the feasibility of such approaches.  Botox for a subtle brow lift and filler to the nasolabial folds may be less invasive options.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA