Inherited Dark Circles

I am 30 years old and I have had dark circles since childhood. I am of Mediterranean descent, but I have naturally blond hair and light skin. No creams have worked. I do have very thin skin and it looks kind of brown on on bottom and top eyelid. Please give me an advise, I don't know if there is anything that can be done about this.

Lower eyelid transconjunctival blepharoplasty would be absolutely the wrong thing here.

+3

The dark circle you have is not caused by the orbital fat present in your lower eyelid.  If fact if that lower eyelid fat is removed with transconjunctival lower eyelid surgery, your dark circle is very likely to get worse not better.  Some surgeons might offer you arcus marginalis release surgery.  Again this will not eliminate your dark circle.  It is important to understand that the dark circle is optical.  The skin here is very thin and there is absolutely no fat under the skin.  Instead there is a layer of muscle just under this skin.  There is no way to put fat between the skin and the muscle.  So how to we improve this area?  By filling the circle with filler, the manner in which light striking the skin interacts with the skin structures can be improved.  The filler of choice is Restylane.  Treatments typically last a year or more.  Don't have surgery for this issue!

Dark circles and bags of lower eyelids

+1

You could consider a transconjunctival blepharoplasty to reduce prominence of the fatty deposits in the lower eyelid. However, there is very little to do to minimize the this skin other than camouflage cosmetics. Lower strength retinoids/retinols applied in a cautious and progressive fashion under supervision of a physician with moisturizers and sun block could help to increase the thickness of the dermis.