Inframammary Fold Problem

I have 300cc HP,cohesive gel, above muscle, 3 month ago. I want to remove them for several reasons. My IMF is lower than before the BA. Distance between nipple and IMF: 10 cm Wich solution is better? IMF elevation at the same time of explant or should I wait for some month to see the final shape?

Revision Breast Surgery

+1

I would also want to see your before and after photos but generally, I would prefer to take care of things at once in the operating room to reduce the number of times a patient goes to the operating room and has procedures performed on her breasts.  Make sure you are consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon who has experience with revisionary breast surgery.

Adjusting the interal mammary fold during breast surgery

+1

I would recommend doing everything at the next surgery,  The more times you make incisions in the breasts the higher the likelihood for scar tissue to obscure things. 

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Probably can raise the fold.

+1

It would be best to see photos first, but what you are describing can frequently be improved by surgically raising the fold.

John Squires, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

IMF Fold

+1

How do you get the old fold back?  It would be nice to see pre and post-op photos to assess your concerns. But, once the fold has been violated it might require a bit of work to get it back to "normal."

Inframammary Fold Problem

+1

RE :  " have 300cc HP,cohesive gel, above muscle, 3 month ago. I want to remove them for several reasons. My IMF is lower than before the BA. Distance between nipple and IMF: 10 cm Wich solution is better? IMF elevation at the same time of explant or should I wait for some month to see the final shape?"

Breast implant removal (explantation) is not like clicking the return arrow on your Internet browser. It will NOT get you the breast you had just before the scalpel touched your breast. As a result, buyer's remorse is Plastic Surgery is a very hard think to correct.

Removing an implant will unveil a breast which may be quite different from the one you remember and the longer the implant was in you the more different and set the changes will be. A nipple to IMF of 10 cm suggests skin expansion of the breast skin envelope and sagging of the implant. An attempt to raise the IMF should be done at the time of the explantation but that would not correct the extra skin generated by the implant which may not go away.  If your Nipple to IMF is already 10 at three months it will NOT be less at 10 months or longer and would probably get even farther.

You need to decide if you like the extra volume (300 cc) in the breasts or not. If you do like the volume, transferring the implant to a sub-muscular pocket with some IMF correction may get you the look you want. If you want the implants gone and are perfectly sure about it then an explantation would be in order but you must accept the look of the breasts may not be ideal.

Dr. Peter A Aldea