I Was Informed That the Swelling in my Tip Would Reduce 6 Months After the Surgery but Nothing Has Changed. Why is That? (photo)

My rhinoplasty consisted of raising my bridge, reduce bulbous tip,and reduce nostril size. Since the tip of my nose is not getting smaller, does that mean my doctor did not do what I asked? After the surgery he told me "For ideal nasal proportions the tip should be wider than the bridge" and that not what I asked for in the first place. I wanted my bridge and tip of nose to be even. I feel like he didn't listen to me at all and now he is saying bc I have thick skin on my nose it's not achievable

I Was Informed That the Swelling in my Tip Would Reduce 6 Months After the Surgery but Nothing Has Changed. Why is That?

+1

Tip swelling can persist for a year or more.  Your nose can be revised at that time if appropriate.

'

Bulbous nasa tip

+1

It sometimes takes over a year for all nasal edema to resolve.  Thick skin will take the longest.  I would give it more time.   Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

No Improvement in Nasal Tip 6 Months After Surgery

+1

In reviewing your photographs it does seem that you did get some elevation of the nasal dorsum with your surgery.  It does not appear that you have not had much improvement in the tip width so far.  It is certainly possible to narrow the tip even in a thick skinned nose using a combination of skin defatting, tip suturing, and the possible addition of grafts.  You may have some residual swelling and I would wait for at least a year before you contemplate any further surgery.  

Michael Sundine, MD

Bulbous Tip Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

The treatment of the bulbous tip consists of defatting the tip and reshaping the cartilage. Its definitely achievable in your case. See video links below for further description.

Dr.S

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS