Inflammation After IPL on Rosacea

I had an IPL treatment for rosacea nose redness. It looked all right when the treatment was completed, but several hours later, my nose was about as red and swollen and orange peel looking as it has ever been. Should I be concerned? If this is a normal reaction, how long will it take for the redness and swelling to subside? Thank you.

Redness after IPL for Rosacea

+1

Depending on how prominent the redness and blood vessels were on the nose, and how strong the settings were, redness and swelling typically last between 1-3 days, and occasionally up to 1 week. It will settle down!

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon