Inflammation in Fat Transfer Good or Bad?

Does inflammation process in fat transfer recipient site a good thing or a bad thing in the survival of fat? I read some clinical case studies stated Polymem dressing would be effective in reducing swelling, burise and inflammation site. Do you think it is sensible to use polymem on the graft site to improve healing and fat survival?

Inflammation with fat grafting

+1

Inflammation is a sign ofirritation or infection. I don;t think it will compromise your fat grafting. It will be diminished by the bodie's defenses/ do't think a dressing will do anything

No information

+1

Inflammation is a normal part of any surgery when tissue is manipulated. There is no information available on fat viability due to level of inflammation. The Polymem dressing is unlikely to have any beneficial effect for fat grafting. 

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon