Inferior Scleral Show + Dry Eyes? (photo)

Hello, I'll try to keep it short. I'm 24 and have had dry eyes for many years. Eye doctors often tell me that I do not close my eyes at night (and occasionally, when I blink fast, during the day). Would you recommend surgery in eyes with this amount of lower scleral show? I've visited some Oculoplastics and most suggested a canthoplasty + Spacer in the lower eyelid. Thanks!

Dry eyes and scleral show

+1

Performing a midface lift through a lower blepharoplasty incision would be a more cosmetic appearing result as spacers may lead to lumpiness. A proper exam would be able to see whether a midface lift with a canthopexy would be better alternative.

However, what is the cause of your dry eyes? lack of tear production or exposure dryness?

David Ellis MD FRCSC Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Art of Facial Surgery 

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon