I had a breast reduction breast lift 23 days ago. Do I have an infection? (photo)

I had a breast reduction breast lift 23 days ago. I have been spotting yellow fluid from this side for about one week now. But today I noticed there was a lot more on my sports bra and that it looked like this.

Post Breast Reduction

+1

It is not uncommon to have some drainage after surgery. You may have a low grade infection but likely more of a slow healing then a true infection where there is significant swelling and hardness to the tissue. Contact your surgeon and keep him in the loop especially if you have any fever or chills.

New Jersey Plastic Surgeon

Infection?

+1

Thank you for your question and photo. It is fairly common to have small wound healing problems at the junction of 2 incisions--the "T" point. It looks like you definitely have a small dehisence or separation of the skin. This will heal in on it's own. These small wounds can get infected. Signs of infection include redness, drainage, increasing pain, foul odor, etc. When something changes or you have a new symptom, always best to see your surgeon who can examine you and evaluate the issue.

Best of luck to you

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Corners of incisions

+1

Corners of incisions where multiple different areas come together like the T portion you are showing often have less blood flow and can have difficulties healing. Sometimes this is just a little tissue loss that will heal with good wound care and sometimes it can get infected for the same reasons. I would definitely be seen by your surgeon who can tell you what best to do. Good luck!!!!

Evan Sorokin, MD
Cherry Hill Plastic Surgeon

Infection after breast reduction

+1

You may have an infection. It is best to call your surgeon and be seen. He/she is best to make the determination about the severity of your issue and what is the most appropriate treatment.

Matthew Schulman, MD

Breast Lift And Infection

+1

Follow up with your Plastic Surgeon as soon as possible. He may need to culture the fluid in case of infection so that you can be treated.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD