Infection 2 Weeks After Breast Reduction?

I had a breast reduction 2 weeks ago and have now developed an infection in one of them.. My dr put me on antibiotics but after two days of taking them I dont find any relief when and it seems to be getting worse and the swelling has never gone down. Is the infection getting worse? Why are the meds not working? Please advise

Infection after breast reduction

+1

I trust that your plastic surgeon is following you closely regarding this issue.  I would bring it to his/her attention, especially since you are failing to progress with the treatment course.  If it truly is an infection, a further examination may be warranted to evaluate the area and determine if you are on the correct antibiotics (via cultures) or if surgical intervention may be required to debride nonviable tissue or irrigate an underlying abscess/fluid collection.  Hope that this helps!  Good luck!

Infection and breast reduction

+1

I can not answer this question without an exam. It is best for you to address this with your surgeon and be followed closely.

Infection after Breast Reduction?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the complication you have experienced after breast reduction surgery. Hopefully your plastic  surgeon is following you closely; if not, make sure that he/she knows that you do not appear to be improving. Probably best to be seen by him/her if you are concerned. Sometimes, if an infection is not responding either a change/addition of antibiotic  may be necessary ( depending on culture results) or a drainage procedure is indicated.