Could This Be an Infection (Skin) or the Breast Implant? (photo)

I noticed hole a week or so after surgery... only drainage, no pain, no swelling and no fever. Been taking antibiotics with no real improvement but it's not getting worse either.

Suture granuloma

+1
This looks like a suture granulomas (or suture abscess or spitting stitch) which are not uncommon following breast or body surgery. These usually resolve after the piece of suture material is removed without the need for further surgical intervention. However, for definitive diagnosis and care, you should see your board certified plastic surgeon.
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Drainage after breast augmentation

+1

I would contact your surgeon and plan on being seen sooner than later because it is best to identify problems or potential problems sooner than later.  Any drainage may mean a communication with the implant or implant pocket.  In my opinion, if the fluid can come out bacteria can get in and you have to treat this to try to prevent and infection.  An infection, if it involves the breast implant may require removal of the implant.

Thank you and best of luck.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

+1

You need in person examination and possible re opening of the scar incision. Best to be seen sooner than lateer. 

Suture abscess after breast augmentation

+1

The photograph could demonstrate one of several conditions.  You could have a superficial abscess at the scar line or a skin separation or be spitting an internal stitch.  None of these conditions is dangerous but a visit to your plastic surgeon is warranted for treatment.

Stitches after breast augmentation

+1

Most will use sutures which are buried and will dissolve after breast augmenation, and occcasionally one of the buried sutures will come through as a 'suture abscess'. This is what appears to be the case in your photo and these clear up rapidly as the surture is removed. Your surgeon can take a look and know for sure.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com

Infection ?

+1

It certainly does not look infected from this picture but see your plastic surgeon to be sure.  It certainly looks more like a stitch abscess or spitting suture to me.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Recovery from Breast Surgery

+1

Thanks for posting the photo.  Unfortunately it is blurry and low resolution.  However, from what I can see, it looks like you have a superficial skin separation, which is no big deal and will heal just fine.  However, without seeing you in person and examining you, it is impossible to know for sure.  You should follow up with your surgeon for any concerns.

Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com

Superficial infections around the areola with breast augmentation

+1

Thank you for your question. Although it is hard to tell from just a photograph and not an evaluation, it appears that you have a superficial infection, likely due to an infected stitch or two.  This is usually best treated with removing the offending sutures which your surgeon can to in the office. Antibiotics are usually not necessary but I would leave that decision up to your surgeon. Your scar might be a little more noticeable as a result of this minor infection but this can be revised in the future as a minor office procedure. 

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation Complication?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture. 

Most likely you're experiencing a superficial stitch coming to the surface ( stitch abscess);  this situation is easily treated.  Very rarely,  this may be an indication of a deeper and more serious involvement of the breast implant.  Follow-up with your plastic surgeon to be sure.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

Breast Augmentation and Infection

+1

It is much more likely to have a small localized suture abscess than a deep breast or implant pocket infection. Nonetheless, see your doctor to assess the situation. Suture abscesses are usually treated easily with local care and will resolve quickly. Best of Luck   Dr Harrell

Web reference: http://www.westonsurgery.com