Infection or Normal Healing?

I feel disconfort after my 2nd chin implant 7 weeks ago: sharp and sudden pain in my chin area, sensitive and tingling lower lip where there was no numbness, a slight headache even though I was told this is not due to surgery... swelling? I'm not sure. How could my doctor rule out a low-grade infection? I've read about it and I'm scared because I don't know if this is noticeable for a surgeon. I wouldn't like to feel this for monts and finally get my chin implant removed. Thanks in advance.

Chin Implant Infection Signs

+2

Chin implants can get infected, and it is fairly easy to ascertain this given information discovered on history and exam.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Chin implant infection

+2

While it does not sound from your symptoms that an infection is present, it is best to go to your surgeon for a direct examination. This is the best way to detect if an infection is present. I would contact his/her office for follow-up.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant recovery

+2

Your surgeon should be able to determine if you have a possible low grade infection with a direct examination. Your temperature should be taken, lab work evaluated and an examination to determine redness, swelling, sensitivity, warmth to touch all several signs that you may have an infection. See your surgeon for an evaluation and discuss your concerns. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD