Infection nearly 4 months post BR, nothing clearing it up. What do I do?

Im freaking out because I have been battling with an infection (redness and cellulite) in my both breasts for few months. I have been on several oral and iv antibiotics, nothing seem to help. Will I die from infection if nothing works? Wat would u do if I was your patient? I even had scan and found I have a small collection in one breast. Scars infected.

Breast drainage four months after breast reduction is probably fat necrosis.

+2

this is a guest based on the minimal information provided but more than likely there is an area of fat desk called fat necrosis which is not uncommon after breast reduction this can generate an inflammatory response for months until it is totally resolved.

Dr. Kimberly Henry

+1

First of all, I just want to say that I am so sorry you have to go through this! An infection can result from many things- though your situation sounds complicated. Sutures can cause irritation, and the sutures that are deeply embedded may need to be removed. Infections can result from almost anything- from a visit to the dentist, from the actual operating room, or even from poor hygiene. If it does not clear up, the implants may need to be removed for at least three months. You should not feel bad, however, because your case is unusual! Oral antibiotics are usually sufficient for a normal post operative infection. We hope you feel better and heal soon! Please feel free to call my office or email me if you have any other questions, I'd love to help you! drkimberlyhenry.com

Kimberly A. Henry, MD
Greenbrae Plastic Surgeon