Infection at Incision Site? 2 Weeks Post Breast Reduction and Incision Site Turned Yellow/White With Discharge?

I recently had a breast reduction and am 2 weeks post op. In the past few days, the incision site under my breasts has turned white/yellow. It's also very sore & is seeping a bit of blood & other discharge. The nurse on call doesn't seem concerned, but I am starting to worry as it doesn't seem to be getting any better (worse in fact) add the days progress. Am I worrying over nothing?

Infection after breast reduction

+1

Thank you for the question. I think you need to contact your plastic surgeon for advice. Answering the question on this forum will not be the best approach for your situation. Good luck.

Scar Discharge At 2 Weeks After Breast Reduction

+1

Dear Evie,

Without physical examination and photos, it is not possible to assess the current status of your scar.

I encourage you to have your surgeon take a look at the discharging scar especially that it is 2 weeks post surgery.

It is your right to be concerned as well as it is your right to have answers. Hang in there and have your surgeon examine the scar to provide you with the best treatment afterwards.

Thank you for your inquiry and the best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Breast reduction incision drainage

+1

Drainage from an incision could be minor or could be something serious, and it is best to be evaluated.

Drainage from Breast Reduction Incision Sites?

+1

Congratulations on having undergone the breast reduction procedure; it is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.

Based on your description, it would be in your best interest to request follow-up with your plastic surgeon for evaluation. He/she will be able to provide you with a diagnosis and treatment plan. The “nurse on call”  advice will not suffice.