Infection in Belly Button After Smartlipo? Drainage?

I am not sure if I am dealing with an infection or just normal drainage/swelling, but I am 4 days post-op after having Smartlipo done to my lower abdomen and flanks, and when switching compression garments I noticed my belly button is red, swollen, and irritated with clear fluid inside. Could this just be normal drainage? I won't see my doctor until next Monday, so not sure if this is something common that will subside, or if I should contact him sooner?

Belly Button Infection after SmartLipo

+2

An infection after liposuction is extremely rare, and the redness may be the result of trauma from the liposuction itself if the belly button was used as a portal of entry.  However, it is impossible to say whether or not you have an infection due to symptoms and signs you have.  You need to get in touch with your surgeon before next week.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Umbilical issue after Smartlipo

+2

WIthout an exam it is difficult to say. But having fluid collections after liposuction alone is very rare. Best to contact your surgeon ASAP.