Will Staph Infection Impact Results of Septorhinoplasty?

I developed a Staph (Aureus) infection a couple months after my Rhinoplasty. I've been on antibiotics for almost two months and my nose is still swollen and hard. The surgery was 7 months ago. In addition to that, my Septoplasty was also affected and hard to breath in one nostril. Will surgery be needed if antibiotics don't work and if so do I have to pay again for revisions to both surgeries?

Impact of infection on rhinoplasty results

+1

It is impossible to tell where the infection for the Staphylococcus Aureus infection occurred, whether it was in the nose or the septum. The nose can continue to be swollen and hard due to an infection and previous procedures depending upon what was done. If it is very difficult to breathe out of one side of your nose, then evaluation by your surgeon would be a good idea to determine whether it is a cartilaginous obstruction or bony obstruction. If it is more allergy related, this can be treated with medications. Do not undergo any revisions for at least one year to allow full healing.

Rhinoplasty and healing

+1

An infection of the nose certainly will slow down the healing process and the resolution of the swelling.

Infection after Rhinoplasty

+1

As you are experiencing, healing after your rhinoplasty will take a long time because of your infection. Your questions about your breathing and the possible need for revision surgery cannot be answered until this healing process is complete. Discuss the cost for surgery with your surgeon.

Infection impact results of septorhinoplasty

+1

You attempted to give a history but there are MANY additional questions as a doctor I have. Better to seek in person second opinions from boarded plastic surgeon.

From MIAMI DR. B

Infection can impact the results of rhinoplasty.

+1

See your surgeon who can examine your nose and tell you what he thinks. If you are not happy with that get a second opinion. The cost of further surgery will be yours since the surgeon didn't cause the problem, just the risks of surgery.