Infection After Suture Removal? (photo)

1 month post op and had a suture removed. That night my nose felt funny began running and sneezing. The following day was swelling and my nose felt stiff and looked pig like. Up my nostrils the membrane were huge. Talked to Dr. and said it upset the tissue to give it time. Two days it kept swelling and the pain grew very intense. Told him and sent pics and he prescribed antibiotics. Said, he's never seen it. Pain has decreased but still very swollen after 24 hours. No graphs. How common?

Infection After Suture Removal?

+1

Yes you have cellulitis of the nasal tip, columella area. PO antibiotic should help but if not improved by day 3 see the doc for IM or IV antibiotics. 

Suture infection after rhinoplasty

+1
We are with your surgeon. A missed suture removed after one month followed by an infection is new to us as well. It is quite possible though and antibiotics should do the trick.

1 month post-op

+1

It is very difficult to answer your question without seeing you in person and examining your nose – you should consider seeing your surgeon for an assessment

Sam Naficy, MD