Infection After Breast Lift?

I am 15 days post op and had a lollipop lift on my left breast which doesn't look as though it is healing. It looks like the wound has separated around the nipple and the vertical incision. I am using antibiotic ointment twice a day (which i started 3 das ago) on the wound and also taking 1000mg antibiotics (second course) as I had my surgery abroad in Thailand. I'm worried it's not healing and any advise would be appreciated

Wound healing problems after a breast lift

+1

The best you can do at this point is conservative wound care.  If it does not heal in a reasonable fashion you will need to find a local plastic surgeon to care for your problem.  This is a real problem with traveling thousands of miles for surgery.  

Wound not healing well after breast lift

+1

Your story illustrates the difficulty in having surgery abroad.  While it may be cheaper on the front end, what do you do if there is some issues with the recovery?  Without pictures or an exam I cannot tell you for sure what is going on and if you should be worried.  I would recommend you get in to see a board certified plastic surgeon as soon as possible.  Best of luck.

Sacha Obaid, MD

Infection After Breast Lift?

+1

Best advice will be from your surgeon. Email a photo and or email for advice. Were there a photo posted with your question you might find a higher chance of getting useful advice. All the best. 

Infection After Breast Lift - Surgery done abroad

+1

It sounds as if you need local wound care to see if the problem is superficial or deep. It brings up another point about traveling abroad for surgery. If you have no complications then it may be fine. But, if you have complications then sometimes it is hard to jump on a plane and go back to see your surgeon. You will have to find a local surgeon to care for you and usually they are not to favorable to take care of a problem from another surgeon especially if it is a surgeon abroad.  However, if you do find one locally then you should follow his instructions.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Infection after Breast Lift

+1

You should follow up with your surgeon as soon as possible to avoid complications and healing issues.  Photos would be helpful, but an exam would be better.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Breast lift and dehiscence

+1

Without seeing photos I can not comment, but I think that if you have healing issues it is best to have this reviewed by your surgeon.

Complications following surgery abroad

+1

This requires you see a local plastic surgeon asap... but some will have an attitude since you went abroad.  Find one that only wants what is best for you and who will help you through your recovery.  If your wounds remain superficial, your wound care will likely allow this to resolve.  If your wounds are deep, progressive, or you are showing signs of infection, you simply have to be seen.  

Curtis Wong, MD

Concerns after Breast Augmentation/Lifting?

+1

I am sorry to hear about the complication you are experiencing. This must be especially stressful since your surgery was done abroad. Given your description, I think that you will be best off seeking in person consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area. Online consultants will not be able to provide you with precise enough diagnosis and/or treatment recommendations.

SEE SPECIALIST ASAP byVillar

+1

See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon as soon as possible.  If you have a minor problem, you want to have it evaluated and treated before it becomes a disaster. "An once of prevention is worth a pound of cure".  Best wishes. Knowledge is power.  Luis F. Villar MD FACS

Luis Villar, MD