Infection After Breast Agumantation Since Jan 2011? (photo)

i had breast augmentation in dec2010.my own fat from butts was injected in my breast.after one month i had mild fever,swelling n pain in d breast with sever major joint pain.as per doc n reports it was typhoid n vry low vit D & calcium.had medicine for everything.in between breast's swelling reduced n puss started coming from nearly 20-20 sinus/needless.biopsy report is GRANULOMATOUS INFLAMMATION & puss culture is -tive.doc started ATT (Medicine for TB). pl tell me wt to do for cure these sinuse

Breast Enhancement Surgery

+1
I am sorry that this has happened to you, unfotunately our bodies do not accept infections around foreign bodies very well and the implants may have to come out

Infection Post Fat Injection For Breast Augmentation

+1

Thank you for sharing your photos. I am sorry that you had to go through this infection.

Unfortunately, without further examination and tests I cannot provide you with an accurate diagnosis.

I encourage you to keep your PS in the loop of your recovery process as you visit an infectious disease specialist who can take the correct measures to help you deal with your infection.

Thank you for your inquiry and the best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Post breast augmentation

+1

Hello and thank  you for the question.

Sorry to hear you're having problems following your breast augmentation.  The infectious process you are enduring seems to be a complex one. I recommend you follow up with  your plastic surgeon.  You will likely require an infectious disease specialist to establish the correct diagnosis and ideal treatment protocol.

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S. 

Glenn Vallecillos, MD

Breast augmentation question

+1

See a board certified plastic surgeon for consultation. You also will need an infectious disease doctor consult and may need long term oral or iv antibiotics. I am sorry you are having such problems. Good Luck!

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

This is not breast augmentation, this is fat graft infection in your breasts!

+1

If your surgeon is an ABPS-certified plastic surgeon, follow your doctor's advice or seek additional consultation at the nearest university or large medical center, where ABPS-certified plastic surgeons will have access to infectious disease consultants who can help you with this terrible problem.

For any prospective patients reading this, fat grafting is NOT recommended for breast augmentation. This is one reason. Proper technique is essential to ensure the grafts are viable and aseptic procedural details are followed. Infected dead fat is what this unfortunate patient has developed, and while this can occur with any patient, poor harvest technique, improperly frozen or stored fat, or poor surgical asepsis can lead to these disasters. Click on the link below for my article on Breast augmentation by fat graft.

Granulomatous inflammation is what I would expect from dead fat or fat necrosis. Culture-directed antibiotic therapy should eventually get this under control, but the scars and lumps from dead fat within your breasts will unfortunately be permanent. Please get additional advice; until all the dead infected material is eliminated or surgically removed, you will continue to have draining sinuses and ongoing infection. Good luck and best wishes!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon