Infection After BioAlcamid

I have a massive infection from BioAlcamid injected in my temple area 5 years ago. I am scared and need advice. I'm in Manhattan. Please help.

Bio-Alcamid Infection

+2

I truly sympathize with your predicament. Bio-Alcamid is a permanent Acryl filler produced by an Italian company and used in Europe as a tissue filler for a variety of disorders including fat loss due to HIV, depressed scars, small buttocks, Poland's Syndrome ( a group of disorder in which part of the breast is smaller in the mild cases to a missing breast and pectoralis muscle in the most severe manifestation), sunken chests and augmentation of cheeks jaw and chin.

Bio-Alcamid has NOT been approved for use in the US and its injection is in violation of Federal laws.

As with every infection involving a foreign body, the bio-Alcamid will have to be completely removed and the area washed completely as part of a prolonged treatment with antibiotics. You may find that Plastic Surgery University centers that do a lot of CranioFacial surgery may be your best option. In New York that would be New York University Tisch Hospital or Columbia Presbyterian on 183rd street.

Good Luck.

Treatment of bio alcamid complications in the United States and Los Angeles

+1

In my practice, I see a lot of bioalcamid complications and have succesfully treated these individuals through surgery.  Treatment must be directed towards preserving the integrity of native tissue and facial anatomy.  The overall theme is that there is hope. 

Web reference: http://www.surgery90210.com/face/62/silicone-lip-removal.aspx

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.