Does this look infected to you after Labiaplasty? (Photo)

Had swelling previous and Benadryl capsules helped right away, but I have burning with urination now. My nerves are also on edge. Seems everything stings.

Are My Labia Infected?

+1
Unfortunately, it appears you have more than a minor complication after your labiaplasty.  You need to see your plastic surgeon for a wound culture, and probably systemic antibiotics as well as topical.  I am sure your plastic surgeon has a regiment for dealing with the sort of unfortunate complication. 

The good news is that this often heals perfectly not needing any secondary surgeries, but it must be treated immediately.  Please see your plastic surgeon ASAP as your wound healing is not going well and may even get worse without immediate intervention. 

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Healing after labiaplasty

+1
From the photos, you may have a wound healing issue so I recommend visiting your operating surgeon as soon as possible for him/her to physically examine the area.  Glad to help.  

Ryan Stanton, MD

Wound complications

+1
are what you see as your wound edges are separating.  You also had the trim method as the incision goes vertically up and down.  Please see your surgeon for further advice but expect to do wound care until healed and have a revision down the road.  Your surgeon should be just as concerned as you are and find out what the revision policy is as you may need to use it.

Curtis Wong, MD

YES

+1
Please see your doctor ASAP. That does not look like it is healing well. I am very concerned with the pictures and it is very difficult to evaluate by the photos as well as not knowing what type of surgery was done. If I had to say, it looks like the labiaplasty has completely come apart.

Joshua B. Hyman, MD