I Just Had an Infected Nose Implant Removed .Thinking of Using Restylane or Hyaluronic, Is This Ok?

I just had an infected nose implant removed . Am thinking of using restylane or Hyaluronic Acid Fillers to fill up the void while waiting for reverse nose surgery . IS that fine ?

Use of fillers in the nose not recommended

+1

It is not a good idea to ever put fillers into the nose.  It is especially a bad idea to have these fillers placed in an area of the nose that just had an infected implant removed.  A revision rhinoplasty can be performed after 6 months to a year with the patient’s own cartilage if possible.

Web reference: http://seattlefacial.com

Using fillers for non-surgical revision rhinoplasty

+1

Yes, a filler like Restylane will be appropriate to improve the contour of your nose after rhinoplasty.

Where was the implant placed?  I am assuming it was placed on the nasal bridge for dorsal augmentation.

If you had and infected implant removed, of course, you should wait until the infection has been resolved. You should get clearance from your surgeon that the area is no longer infected.  After a month or so however, you may be clear to place fillers in the area of concern.  If you are planning on having another surgery, the filler will serve the purpose of improving you appearance temporarily.  You may find that you like the fillers and don't need another surgery.

Web reference: http://yourfaceinourhands.com/plastic-surgery/dermafillers-nose.cfm

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Injectibles can be used to change shape of the nose.

+1

Some patients may want to change the appearance of the nose but not undergo an operation.  Injectibles, in a limited way, can do this.  They are safe and if the result is not to the patient's liking, eventually they will be resorbed.  On the other hand, if the patient likes the results, the injections will need to be periodically repeated.

Injection of Fillers after Removal of Infected Nasal Implant

+1

Injection of any HA filler before total elimination of the nasal infection would be dangerous and foolish. It will take several months after your treatment before considering augmentation, especially if there was any evidence of infection in the nasal bones. If an implant was originally necessary to achieve the desired result, I would question the feasibility of injecting that much filler.

Infected nasal implants

+1

It is not a good idea to place anything in the nose for several months until the infection has cleared up.  FIlelrs may also cause skin necrosis if too much is used.

+1

Only after all evidence of the nasl infection are gone plus a month or two, IMHO.  Perlane would be my first choice in that situation.  

Web reference: http://www.thepalmercodeinstitute.com

Filler after Nose Implant Infection

+1

This does not sound like a good idea. Fillers can get infected also and then you will have more problems. Wait until everything is resolved then discuss with your surgeon. Waiting at least 3 to 6 months would be best.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

NO

+1

I wouldn't touch your nose for at least 6 months since the implant was removed. Remember the word INFECTED, you need time to recover, not put more junk in your nose.

Web reference: http://www.wrmd.com