What Do I Do About an Infected Incision? (photo)

I am waiting to hear from my PS. I had an areola reduction three weeks ago. I had the stitches removed last week and he noted that part was slightly open and put on a steri strip and said not to worry. Well now the opening is a thousand times worse and definitely infected (pus and odor.) What do I do while I am waiting to hear from him / see him? I am so nervous.

What Do I Do About an Infected Incision?

+1

You need to get in to see your Plastic Surgeon as soon as possible. If you cannot get in contact with him/her, I would recommend going to the emergency room so they can at least give you a dose of IV antibiotics.

+1

Thanks for posting the photo of a wound edge dehiscence with infection (per your description of exudate with odor). Seek immediate care Like NOW! You need wound care treatments and IV or PO antibiotics. Please attend to this ASAP!