Infected implant- how long can I wait until it causes irreparable damage to the nose?

I've had an implant for 18 years; it's recently shifted even more, and I think also infected. I know I absolutely have to get a revision, and am in the process - but it takes a while to even get an initial consult with a good surgeon in Toronto. I'm hoping to get a professional opinion as to how long I can wait before this situation causes irreparable damage. Any insight you can provide would be much appreciated.

Infected nasal implant

+1
It is important to remove an infected implant as soon as possible so that it does not damage or erode through the overlying skin.  As long as the skin remains intact, the nose can be revised. 

Westchester Facial Plastic Surgeon