I Had a Infected Gore-tex Nasal Implant Removed 4 Weeks Ago. My Face is Still Swollen. How Long for the Healing Process?

I had a infected gore-tex nasal implant removed 4 weeks ago. My entire face is still swollen. How long for the healing process/final result?

Risk of infection with facial implants

+1

I assume you were given antibiotics as well as having the implant removed. Swelling is one issue but after this amount you should feel some improvement in symptoms (redness, warmth, tenderness etc.). If you have had no improvement in symptoms despite antibiotics and removal of the implant you may have been infected with bacteria resistant to the antibiotics you are taking. In which case you would need to be placed on a different antibiotic.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Infected nasal gortex graft

+1

It may take several months for swelling to completely resolve.  Discuss with your surgeon to make sure no residual infection is present that may require antibiotics.  Donald R. Nunn MD, DDS  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD