Could an Inexperienced Doctor Have Hurt my Rhinoplasty Result?

Had a septoplasty/rhinoplasty on August 1st almost 4 weeks ago. I had post-ops with my surgeon -a facial plastic surgeon and Otolaryngologist. I was experiencing increased soreness in my nose and discharge. My doc is on vacation, so I was given an appointment with another otolaryngologist in the practice who is not a facial plastic surgeon. During the appointment he squeezed/pinched down the length of my nose, which hurt a little and worried me. Do you think he could have damaged something?

Otolaryngologist providing post operative rhinoplasty care

+1

An Otolaryngologist  ENT surgeon is  very well trained in  post operative care of rhinoplasty patients.  Many Otolaryngologist perform rhinoplasty.  I am sure he did not harm you or interfere with your post operative results.

Highly unlikely

+1

It is highly unlikely the new surgeon caused any damage.  ENTs are also very well trained surgeons so i'm sure he knew what he was doing.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Hurt nose

+1

I think it is unlikely that any damage wasdone. All otolaryngologists have spent time in training experiencing facial plastic surgery

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Covering physician

+1

No. Although the covering otolaryngologist may not choose to perform rhinoplasty regularly he/she will be very familiar with the procedure and steps you have recently undergone and be able to evaluate and care for you properly. The tenderness is normal especially if you had some inflammation or infection.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Examination by covering physician not a cause for concern

+1

Given your scenario, it is highly likely that any damage was caused to your nose by this covering physician. The tenderness is related to the ongoing inflammation and is normal.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Rhinoplasty issue

+1

It is unlikely that the covering doctor/partner caused any problems with your nose. More than likely he was just examining it to evaluate your concerns.