Facial Rejuvenation Treatment: What Offers Long-lasting Results?

I'm 27 and I'm considering peels, IPL, Fraxel, and Active FX for the few sun spots and acne scars I'd like to take care of before I get married in a year. Which option is best for long lasting results without being extremely expensive?

Nothing beats a true dermabrasion for acne scarring.

+2

Since you have a year before the wedding then you are getting started at the right time. Sun spots are easy to treat with IPLs, chem peels or lasers but when it comes to acne scars, nothing comes close to the results of a good old fashioned true dermabrasion. It runs about $3500 for the cheeks and chin and has 1 week of down time and 1 month pinkness . It has the extra benefit of getting rid of wrinkles and age spots and sun spots as well all in one treatment. It is done under local anesthesia and well worth the recovery to give you the smoothest skin you can get. Remember those wedding pictures could last a life time so don't skimp on getting your skin looking great now.

Congratulations,

David Hansen, MD

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Treatment of Acne Scars

+1

It would be impossible to list the possible treatment for acne scars in the space provided. Most persons who claim to have scars, have stains-discolored skin. This is treated with topical bleaching agents (ie. hydroquinone).

Shallow scars can be treated with dermabrasion, laser resuracing, or chemical peels. Each have their own pros/cons.

Ice pick scars are best treated by excision or punch grafting followed by dermabrasion or laser resurfacing.

Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

For sun spots, IPL, if you have deep acne scars, then Fraxel

+1

For sun spots, IPL, if you have deep acne scars, then Fraxel.  If you want to avoid having to repeat treatment then I suggest to start wearing sunscreen every day.  For both Fraxel and IPL you will need a few treatments for optimal results, and I would start now so you are perfect for your wedding!

Web reference: http://www.facialplastics.info/fractionated-resurface.html

Facial rejuvenation treatments depend on changing factors

+1

Skin rejuvenation procedures are not a "one time thing." There are procedures that provide more change and those that we use to maintain these results. All depends upon exactly what you are trying to accomplish, your recovery time line and your skin type. You need a good evaluation by an experienced surgeon to get this sorted out.

Best Regards.

Orange Plastic Surgeon

Acne scar treatment before wedding

+1

The sun spots are easily treated with q-switched laser treatments. Don't bother with IPL or chemical peels for sun damage unless you are only looking for temporary results. Stick to q-stitched lasers for permanent resolution of sun damaged skin.

For acne scars, there are many options and it depends on which type you have. Check out the following options for textured acne scars.

• CO2 Laser Resurfacing
  • Erbium Laser Resurfacing
  • Fractional Resurfacing
  • Punch Excision
  • Subcision
  • Dermabrasion
  • Phenol Peels
  • Hydroquinone (for brown acne scars)

Web reference: http://www.celibre.com/acne-scars.aspx

Acne scars are tough to beat; the other problems easier

+1

Acne scars have defeated most of the modern day treatments including deep chemical peel, lasers, dermabrasion. In my experience, the best answer to depressed acne scars is to plump them with a filler. Many patients have had great success with liquid silicone which is permanent. I know of several dermatologists who have great facility with it.

Regarding the sun spots and othe pigmentary issues, they are easier to treat. Bleaching creams are the best. They work but you need a high concentration of hydroquinone (6-8%) to do the job. Combined with cortisone and Retin-A, this formula called the Kligman formula (Dr. Kligman developed Retin-A) is known to all dermatologist. Suggest considering that. Also, some improvement with microdermabrasions can be achieved. Advice to you: Keep it simple and inexpensive.