Induration After Tummy Tuck Infection?

I had a tummy tuck 5 weeks ago. Long story short-I ended up with a staff infection and now I have quite a bit of induration that is about 8 inches by 4 inches and is located above the scar line just below the belly button. My ps seems confused and said he "thinks" it's okay and time will tell. Well, honestly him simply thinking that it's okay isn't very reassuring to me. Can a doctor please tell me the prognosis of induration such as this? Any thoughts would be helpful for me. I'm scared/worried

Induration after Tummy Tuck Infection

+1

If the infection has been treated appropriately, then the induration may last weeks and months, longer now due to the infection in that area.

Induration

+1

Healing after surgery takes months. This induration will soften with the passage of time and aggressive massage. You can reasses the problem in a few months

Induration after Tummy Tuck?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the complication you experienced after tummy tuck surgery.

Hopefully, the firmness  you are feeling is related to swelling and/or the resolving infection process. Sometimes, however the firmness this may be related to tissue that is somewhat  compromised in regards to blood flow.

Of course, your plastic surgeon is your best resource for accurate diagnosis, treatment, and/or reassurance. Continue  close follow-up with him.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_tummyTuck.htm

Induration After Tummy Tuck Infection?

+1

The induration may take a few months to resolve, but it pretty much always does. Massage may help. Avoid heat, though. Although it may speed up resolution of the inflammation, because your sensation is markedly diminished, a burn can occur, and most surgeons have seen this happen. Continue close follow up with your surgeon. If your concerns are not addressed, a second opinion is another option. 

Some photos would help us give more specific responses.

Thanks, best wishes. 

Induration.

+1

Induration is a symptom of all that has gone on in your case. It sounds like you are frustrated, but you should make sure you follow all of your PS instructions. Ask to see your plastic surgeon more often and discuss if additional therapy, like massaging or medications, will help you. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo.

Tummy Tuck Infection?

+1

Without seeing you it is impossible to make a recommendation.  It is best to follow up with your Plastic Surgeon, or seek a second opinion from a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your concerns.

Hello

+1

Without seeing you or at least a picture it would be very difficult to give your adequate advice. It can be scar tissue, hematoma or something else. Once again it’s hard to say without seeing you.