Face Lift, Neck Lift or Chin Implant? (photo)

I am 37 years old and starting to show real signs of aging. My cheeks seem to be falling. I have deep nasal labial folds and a sagging chin. I have never had surgery and since I live in South East Asia, I will need to get it in Thailand or somewhere near. I am not sure which procedure to choose. Do you think I need a chin implant, mid face lift, lower face lift, neck lift, or a combination of procedures?

Facelift, neck lift, or chin implant

+1

A chin implant and neck lift is all that would be required at age 37.  Most patients do not need a facelift at age 37.  The best way to improve the jawline is to put a small chin implant in to give more chin projection and width to the perimandibular area.  Fat removal with a neck lift will also accentuate the jaw line.  The neck lift will remove fat from both above and below the platysmal muscle and then a platysmaplasty is performed all at the same time.  Expect 2 weeks of bruising and swelling.  Fascia grafts can be harvested from inside the neck and inserted through the nasolabial folds to improve that area if needed.

Treatment for Sagging Cheeks and Nasolabial Folds

+1
You have many surgical as well as non-surgical options. Your photos show: •prominent nasolabial folds •a receding chin •loss of facial volume in the submalar and pre-auricular areas •sagging jowls and neck soft tissue The nasolabial folds can be treated with an injectable filler such as Radiesse. For more complete correction, layering Restylane over the Radiesse is an option. The hollowing face can be treated with sculptra, also an injectable filler. You can either have a chin implant to correct the receding chin or a filler such as Radiesse also works well. Regarding your sagging jowls and neck, a lower facelift is one option. Ulthera, a non-surgical skin tightening device can work well, especially in the younger age groups such as yourself.

Anita Mandal, MD
Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sagging face and lack of definition.

+1

Sagging face and lack of definition with jowls and under developed chin requires a chin implant with full faclift which includes the neck. See an experienced surgeon--it is your face!