My Left Side Seems Lower Than My Right Side 6 Days Post-op - Crooked Chin Implant? (photo)

Hello, I am 6 days post op from chin implant and lipo. I am worried that the implant I'd crooked because my left side seems lower than the right. Also, it seems to be harder on the left side than the right side. I know it is too early to know for sure but should I be concerned?

Asymmetry after Chin Implant

+1

It's impossible to say if your asymmetry is secondary to swelling, or malposition of your implant only by looking at your pictures. I would recommend that you see your surgeon and discuss your concern with him or her. 

Swelling and Asymmetry after Chin Implant

+1

Asymmetric swelling can give the illusion of malposition.  Followup with the plastic surgeon, but waiting at least 6 to 8 weeks before considering surgery is prudent.

Crooked Chin Implant?

+1

Yes I see the issue in your posted photos but over the internet very hard to determine if the chin implant has slipped. Best to be seen ASAP by your surgeon, yes NOW! 

Early Chin Implant Concerns

+1

At just one week after the placement of a chin implant, swelling can account for the appearance of asymmetry and hardness. It is important to wait at elast 6 weeks and preferably three months before judging the size and symmetry of a chin implant.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Crooked chin implant?

+1

I would recommend a visit to your surgeon, as he/she will be able to address any immediate post-operative concerns. It is a bit too early to come to any conclusions about your result, as swelling can interfere with the appearance. I hope this helps, and good luck to you.

Paul S. Nassif, MD