Are Some Individuals Genetically Prone to Developing Nasolabial Folds? (photo)

Many women in my family have developed moderate to fairly deep nasolabial folds. I'm concerned I may be developing them already at 25. I have thought about dermal fillers but I'm worried about possible implications that could arise from doing so and I'm not sure If I need them yet. Are there non-surgical preventative measures for postponing further development of nasolabial folds? Picture attached.

Are nasolabial folds genetic?

+1

Of course there is a component to all of our looks that is genetic. To specifically narrow that down to nasolabial folds is hard. But every person has nasolabial folds to some extent because of the way the mouth, jaw, and cheek muscles connect. The pronouncement of these is what differs per individual. Sunscreen helps prevent many wrinkles and lines, so if you are 25, make sure you are preventing the majority of aging simply by using a good daily sunscreen.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

Nasolabial folds

+1

First, I will say that everyone has nasolabial folds, look at babies for example.  However, some people's folds are more prominent and a certain component is genetic.