Day 4 of Upper Bleph and my Outer Corners Are So Tight when I Raise my Eyebrows There is a Space..Will This Improve? (photo)

Is this normal? Upper eyelids

Upper bleph recovery

+3

At 4 days you are too early to see the final results. There is alot of swelling at this point.  I usually have my patients well lubricate their eyes. Best to check with your surgeon.

Stretched eye after blepharoplasty

+3

As the other doctors have said, its too early at this stage to predict what your final outcome will be.  That being said, your photos suggest you had some resurfacing due to the redness that I see and if that is true, the skin will relax with time.  Your eyes appear to close completely that that is the most important function.  Allow yourself to heal and realize that if it isn't right, corrections can always be done down the road.

Curtis Wong, MD

Day 4 of Upper Bleph and my Outer Corners Are So Tight when I Raise my Eyebrows There is a Space..Will This Improve?

+3

Day 4 is very early to make any judgements about the final result.  Closing the eye is important to protect the eye and avoid dryness.  If there is any concern about exposure, follow up with your surgeon.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Upper blepharoplasty recovery

+3

At 4 days after upper blepharoplasty, there is still a significant amount of swelling present and much healing still to take place.  The appearance of your eyelids will change as the healing occurs, but this can take several months.  I would think that the issue with the space that develops at the outer corners when you raise your eyebrows will improve with more time but you should follow up with your surgeon so that your progress can be followed.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon