Will Rhinoplasty Correct My Broken Nose? (photo)

Hi, I'm a 45 y/o male and I would like to get some information regarding correcting or straightening my broken nose. I broke my nose around the age of 10 and it now slightly points to one side of my face and is not straight. The broken nose may also be the cause of some sinus issues as well. Will successful Rhinoplasty correct my broken nose? Thanks in advance for your suggestions and information!

Will Rhinoplasty Correct My Broken Nose?

+2

A rhinoplasty can definitely improve the appearance of your nose.  The nose can be made to look straighter through a series of maneuvers.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty and nasal fracture

+2

Yes, a rhinoplasty can be performed to improve the appearance of your  nose which sustained a traumatic injury as a child. You will most likely need septoplasty as well to correct your deviation. A good exam in person is essential.

Rhinoplasty and the crooked nose

+2

The photos you provided show what's called a c-shaped deformity or a hockey stick type of injury. Even though the injury occurred as a child, a rhinoplasty can be done to straighten your nose from the frontal view as well as the base view. This bottom up view shows that your septum appears to be blocking the left side of your nose. You are right in that performing a rhinoplasty likely in combination with a septoplasty may actually improve your breathing and concomitant sinus complaints.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

+2

Yes, based on your history and photos you are a candidate for rhinoplasty to improve your nasal airway and straighten your nose. If you have other aesthetic concerns they can be addressed during the same procedure, as well. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Weber Facial Plastic Surgery

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty to Correct Broken Nose

+2

Rhinoplasty surgery will  improve nasal appearance and nasal and sinus function. An experienced rhinoplasty specialist will give you a natural result.

Will rhinoplasty correct a broken nose?

+2

The answer is yes, rhinoplasty can help fix a crooked nose. In general, fixing a crooked nose is very complicated. Ideally, you will have a specialist perform your surgery. It is not always possible to get the nose 100% straight, but great improvements can be made. In general, nasal trauma can sometimes lead to the following:

1) A dorsal hump

2) A deviated septum, resulting in impaired breathing

A septoplasty can be performed simultaneously to help open the airway if this is necessary. This can lead to less sinus issues in the future, provided the deviated septum is the cause of the problems you have experienced. And breaking the nose can have an effect on your sinuses.  If the break cause a deviation in your septum, it can narrow the passageways were you sinuses drain. I hope this helps, and best of luck to you.

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and Broken nose

+2

Rhinoplasty will repair your broken nose. You will need an internal exam to determine any functional issues.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your concerns and expectations. 

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Rhinoplasty for crooked nose

+1

To straighten the nose during the rhinoplasty procedure, osteotomies will be required to re-set the nasal bones  back to their normal pre-injury position. Many times a spreader graft  composed of the patient's own cartilage is also placed on the concave side to give symmetry and improve airflow due to valve collapse on the affected side. A septoplasty may need to be performed to correct a deviated septum to improve airflow as well. Please see the link below for examples of  crooked noses  we have straightened in our practice.