I'm 23, 5ft 7in, 250lbs, 3 kids, youngest nearly 9 months. What type of Tummy Tuck would be recommended for me? (photos)

Im, 23 with 3 childre, younget nearly 9 months. I've never been this large! So basically my questions are.. What type of tt would be recommended, vertical or horizontal? I want horizontal How much would it about cost for a tt plus lipo to bring in waist? What weight is best to achieve best results? Right now im 5;7 250 process of working out to achieve the goal weight of 165. Thank you very much in advance. Mya.

I'm 23, 5ft 7in, 250lbs, 3 kids, youngest nearly 9 months. What type of Tummy Tuck would be recommended for me?

+2
  I think that after your planned weight loss, a tummy tuck would be a reasonable option based upon your photos and your description.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of tummy tucks each year. Look for great reviews and great before and after pictures.

Types of tummy tuck procedures

+2
You should definitely lose most of your planned weight prior to surgery. If  you do get to 165lbs, you will likely have excess skin of the upper and lower abdomen, which will benefit from a Fleur de lis TT, which is a TT that also has a vertical incision.Consult with a few plastic surgeons once you lose a little bit more weight. There is no right weight for surgery, but you should be at a comfortable and stable weight that you can live at.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Extended Horizontal Full Tummy Tuck

+2
You should do well with a horizontally based tummy tuck when you reach a good weight. There is no reason to add the vertical component to your tummy tuck...at least as best as can be seen now. That opinion may or may not change with further substantial weight loss.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Tummy tuck

+2
Congratulations on setting a weight-loss goal for yourself before surgery!  Your goal weight of 165lb would put your BMI close to 25 which is perfect for your surgery.  I would suggest you get to at least 190lb before surgery which is a BMI of 30.  The closer your BMI is to 25 the better your result and the lower your risk of complications will be.  You will need a full abdominoplasty (tummy tuck).  The areas that may benefit from liposuction will be determined after your weight loss before surgery.  Good luck!

Nicholas Tarola, MD

Tummy Tuck Question

+2
I am assuming that you do not plan to have more children. If you still have this in your family plan, then I would advise waiting 9 months after your last child is born. Otherwise, you should aim to reach your weight goal without the use of any diet pills or fad diets. Just cutting out wheat and moderate exercise such as vigorous walking for 30 minutes every day should bring you to this weight goal within another 6 months at the latest. With that preface, you are a great candidate for a standard abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) with liposuction to the flanks and the lateral chest wall. Your abdominal wall should be tightened by placement of "placating sutures" to the layer above your abdominal muscles. You can expect a great result! Just remember that you need to maintain this new way of eating and incorporate some exercise in your daily routine to ensure longstanding results. Good luck!

Paul Rosenberg, MD
Fort Lee Plastic Surgeon

Full Tummy Tuck

+2
Thank you for your pictures. Once you reach your weight loss goal I would recommend a full tummy tuck with muscle repair. This is going to give you the most consistent and satisfying outcome. Good luck.

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

What type of Tummy Tuck

+2
You are definitely on the right track to lose weight first.No Tummy Tuck should be considered until you get your weight below 175#, otherwise you will have a totally unacceptable result and will have spent a lot of money without getting what you want. Once you get to that weight a full TT including muscle tightening and you will be thrilled with the change you can achieve.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Tummy Tuck Candidate

+2
Hello and thanks for this question.  You appear to be a candidate for a full tummy tuck which includes liposuction of the upper tummy and flanks, tightening of the rectus muscles and removal of all lower tummy excess skin.  However, at 5'7" and 250 pounds, you will not get a completely flat tummy until you lose some weight.  You can see from your pictures that some of the bulging is from the accumulation of fat inside the belly around the intestines.  This can only be removed through weight loss.  The closer you are to your target weight, the better will be your result.  Start an effective weight loss program including avoiding foods with sugar or flour and all processed foods.  No better way to lose weight.  

Robert J. Spies, MD
Paradise Valley Plastic Surgeon

+2
Looking at your pictures: You have a significant skin overhang, stretch marks with moderate diastasis. I think a Full tummy tuck with liposuction to your hips and flanks will serve you best. You are a good candidate for this procedure already. 
Best is to be closer to your target weight of BMI ~ 30 for better outcome. 

Maan Kattash, MD, FRCS

TT

+2
Thank you for your questions and photos and keep
on losing weight and resubmit new photos when you reach your weight goal for an accurate assessment

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon