I had three flat moles removed from my face but one of them left a hole. Will it heal? (photos)

I had three flat moles lasered removed from my face but one of them left a hole. As soon as the scab fell off I put aloe Vera on it for a week thinking the skin would heel but after about two months there still is a hole.. Will it eventually heel? If not what other options do I have.

Depression After Facial Mole Removal

+1
Dear gonzales678~

Thank you for sharing your photos. If it has already been two months since the procedure, the area may improve slightly, but it is unlikely to fill in entirely.  There are many options to help improve the appearance of your scar.

Serial treatments with a micro-needling device or a laser such as Fraxel may help even out the textural irregularities on the surface of the skin. Another option is to place a small amount of hyaluronic acid filler (Belotero or Restylane) to fill in the depression. This could be done in the office with or without a needle subcision (using a needle to break up the scar underneath the skin).

A last resort would be to have the entire scar excised and re-closed, which would result in a small thin line rather than a round depression.

Amy Hsu

Scabs=scars

+1
If you let an area scab, you will almost always be left with a scar or a divet. The reason is because the skin heals from the bottom up. A scar is a pocket of dried blood which means the skin is forced to heal underneath it, thus creating a divet (or hole) when the scab falls off. You should have been advised to clean the site and keep it free of scabs in order for optimal healing. Your site may fix itself a bit, but probably never entirely fill in.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD