I know the scar will eventually fade and turn white on my belly button, but is it a poor job? (photos)

I had a drain-less tummy tuck 4 weeks ago by board certified doc. I was so excited with my overall result that I didn't question the appearance of my belly button until I started looking at other post-tummy tuck pics. I really want to know "how bad is it?" I assumed it would eventually look better, but I am starting to recognize that this may be a bad result. I know the scar will eventually fade and turn white, but it a poor job? Is it worth fixing if it won't get better? Thanks

Belly-button and #Tummy-Tucks; what happen with the new belly-button?

+1

Thank you for your question.  You do have an excellent results so you can rest assured.  The scar is fresh and within the first 4-6 weeks of intense redness, itchiness and bumpiness.  This will all improve over the next 6-12 months.  I now suture the dermis of the umbilical stalk to the abdominal muscle fascia which tends to bring the scar inside the depth of the belly-button, making the scar less visible.  Wait a bit and this might be something to consider. Best of luck.  Dr. Marc DuPere, Board-Certified Toronto Plastic Surgeon.

is it a poor job?

+1

No.

From the photos I see an outstanding result. It is quite uncommon to see such an improvement. 

Scars are at their peak in thickness at about 6 weeks, and then take about a year to "mature" during which time they become less thick and less red. 

All the best. 

I know the scar will eventually fade and turn white on my belly button, but is it a poor job?

+1

Are you serious? Your result is excellent! and you are ONLY 4 weeks out. Maybe you should allow further healing and be happy with this result. 

Cosmetic Surgery is an Art and a Science

+1

Hi Sarah. Thanks for the question. Scars take several months to heal. Keep your communication open with your surgeon and wait 6 months to evaluate  Dr Thomas Narsete Austin, Tx

Thomas A. Narsete, MD
Greenwood Village Plastic Surgeon

Poor Job with Tummy Tuck Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question in pictures.

No, on the contrary, I think your plastic surgeon has done a beautiful job for you. Of course, the appearance of the scar will likely improve over the course of the next year.

With all due respect, compare your before and after pictures;  this comparison may prompt you to spend send a thank you card to your plastic surgeon.