Numbness After Breast Augmentation?

Hello, I had 400cc saline implants placed under the muscle through the inframammary crease. My surgery was done on August 3, 2013. On my left breast there is a small patch above my incision to just under my nipple that is numb. I have feeling all around except for area. My right breast has healed well and has no sensory problems. Is there anything I can do to help with the numbness on the left? Also, what do you think happened that such a small area is still numb after so long? Thank you

Should resolve over time

+2

Some temporary change in sensation after surgery is not unusual. Just a small patch between the nipple and incision is also not unusual, the area should get smaller and smaller over the next few months and resolve.

Breast Augmentation Recovery

+1

Numbness after breast augmentation is definitely a normal part of the recovery process. It can last for several months or more in some individuals. Typically, this will diminish over time and eventually not be an issue for you. Numbness in a small patch near the incision is also normal and should resolve over time. I would recommend being a bit more patient throughout your healing process and allow your breasts to recover properly. If you ever experience any symptoms out of the ordinary or that may cause you pain or discomfort, it's always a good idea to check with your surgeon to ensure that you are healing properly.

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD