What Will my Cleavage and Nipples Look Like After Breast Augmentation? (photo)

Small cosmetic concerns! It seems as though my nipples point a little outward rather than being centered. I have seen post-op pictures where the nipples protrude outwards after implants and I am concerned that is going to happen to me. Also, I am very worried that I am going to have implants that are far apart. I am pretty petite, 5'4 about 115lbs and have a fairly narrow chest. Any opinions on the amount of cleavage I will get with 325 round moderate profile plus implants?

Post-Op Nipple Position After #BreastAugmentation

+2

You are correct that most of the nipple issues seen with breast augmentation are pre-existing position that are not adjusted with a standard surgical procedure. Although your nipples are to the side slightly, I dont see this being an issue for you after surgery. It is likely that a sufficiently wide implant will help to keep your nipples "centered" on the implant as well as producing an attractive "cleavage" zone as well. Communicate with your doctor to help ensure that he/she understands your ultimate goal.

Vincent Marin, MD

Cleavage and nipples after breast augmentation

+2

Properly placed implants centered under the nipples will not make your nipples point out. The cleavage you have now should be the cleavage you will have after implants. Knowing the diameter of your implants allows your surgeon to show you exactly where he/she intends the implants to be on your chest, so your surgeon can actually show you how close in the middle the implants should be and how far to the side they go. A 325cc moderate plus implant is probably an appropriate shape and size for your frame, and you'll probably be fine with your nipple position and cleavage.

Placing the implants too close together intending to create cleavage rather than placing them directly under the nipples can leave patients with nipples pointing outwards. Be certain to discuss your concerns about this pitfall with your surgeon. You should be able to have a nice natural result.

Armin Moshyedi, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Cleavage and nipple location after augmentation

+2

You have a common and straight forward question and there is a straight forward answer.  Breast implants are placed in a location under the muscle in order to augment or enhance the natural breast.  Therefore, that is what they will do in your case. Your perception of your nipple  separation is unlikely to change.  Only in mastopexy surgery are areola locations altered.  Your cleavage appearance will be enhanced because more volume will be available, but the natural separation of your breasts in the middle chest will not actually be altered.  You appear like you will look great. Good Luck

Neil Gottlieb, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

What Will my Cleavage and Nipples Look Like After Breast Augmentation

+2

Breast implants are placed where the breast is, and are centered on the nipples and areolas. Women whose breasts are far apart before surgery will still have breasts that are far apart after placement of implants. With the larger size, they may appear further apart to patients than they did before. 

Trying to move the implants closer together has problems, including the appearance of the nipple on the side of the breast, and of losing the central definition of the breast, causing symmastia, where the implants are touching. Both of these are unattractive to say the least.

All this is best reviewed in person by an examining plastic surgeon.

Thanks for your question, and best wishes. 

Nipple Position and Cleavage Dependent on Anatomy

+1

Based on your pictures, your nipple position should not look abnormal at all, not should your cleavage area.  You have a natural, normal anatomical space between your breasts, and your nipples are only slightly to the side.  These should not be an issue after your surgery.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon

325 cc Implants and Laterally Deviated Areolae

+1

Laterally deviated areolae tend not to change during surgery.  However, I know from doing hundreds and hundreds of breasts with significant asymmetry that the pocket dissected and the size of breast implant selected can improve almost anything. 

What will breast look like?

+1

Thanks Kristine for your question. The most likely scenario is that cleavage, breast size and shape will improve after breast enhancement surgery. There's no way to know exactly what you will look like. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD

Breast implants

+1

Your observations are correct.  Your nipples point slightly outward, but they do so in most women, so that is normal.  Usually the breast implants tend to center themselves under the areola so with 325 cc implants, there will likely be some space between the breasts.  Personally, I think it will give you a great result, but if you want better cleavage, you might consider going a little larger, maybe around 375 cc's.  I would place the I pants under the muscles. 

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

After augmentation your nipples will continue to point outward but your cleavage should be excellent.

+1

Implants provide a larger version of the breast shape you have naturally developed. They will not change the position of ones nipples and therefore yours will continue to point outwards. You do already have the beginnings of a prominent cleavage and this should be amplified nicely by an implant. The 325cc implant should work well for you but the final determination of size must be made by your surgeon during the operation.

David A. Ross, MD

Cleavage and Nipples after Breast Augmentation

+1

HIgher profile implants will create more cleavage. The nipples are what they are. Your template you are starting with looks great. You should expect a great result. It will be a bigger better version of what you have. Moving the nipples would require other incisions on your breast that you do NOT need. The puffiness to the nipples is usually air trapped in the pocket after surgery and will resolve in weeks to months. It is completely normal for that to occur. If your surgeon has chosen an implant based on the footprint of your breast then you should be good to go. What you need to discuss with your surgeon is the look you desire. High profile implants means you will need an implant that is bigger than 325 in order to keep the base diameter the same. The most important measurement of any breast augmentation is the base diameter of the breast. It 100% dictates what implant you can and can not have. Once you know the base diameter of your breast then you must decide the look you want starting with a low profile implant up to a high profile implant. Low will have little projection and will be a wider implant. High profile will be much more projecting and give you a round breast. Moderate is somewhere in between.

Richard J. Brown, MD