I had 3 settings in laser hair removal but still regrowth continue. Is this normal?

I had 3 settings in laser hair remove from my chin and upper lips but till now there is regrowth continue .. Why?? Is my hair is remove permanently from chin and upper lips. i m worry about it...

Regrowth After Laser Hair Removal

+1
Thank you for your question. Laser hair removal can take 5 to 10 treatments before you see full results. During this time it is important that you are consistently going every 4 to 6 weeks depending on your laser technicians recommendation. Make sure you are only shaving between treatments and not waxing or using and chemical depilatories. It is normal to see hair growing between sessions, as long as the treatment is being done correctly you should see less hair regrowth each time. Speak with your provider about your concerns.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Hair regrowth after laser hair removal

+1
Lasered hair should be permanently removed if appropriate (high enough to kill the hair follicle) settings are used. Many spas treat at lower settings to avoid side effects, and the hairs are stuned and smaller but return.

See a board-certified dermatologist for laser hair removal for the best results.

Sheryl D. Clark, MD