Recurrent Open Sinus with Drainage Post Implant Removal?

previously posted about my breast abscess post which i had my implants removed(6thjan 2013) . However the abscess has reoccurred. It drains a yellow fluid. have an open sinus just abv the incision site. culture reports are negative.doc have put me on a 5 days antibiotic course but it does not seem to subside . The tissue just above the incision feels hard when i touch it. having a continuous open sinus with drainage. kindly advice

Sinus tracts need to be excised

+1

An open sinus tract to your skin is unlikely to go away on its own. Antibiotics are unlikely to allow that to heal. More likely than not, this sinus tract will require re-excision. It is not surprising that your culture result currently are negative; particularly if you have been on an antibiotic this entire time. However, the tract is probably still colonized with bacteria.

Antibiotics and Tract Excision after Breast Implant Removal

+1

I would continue the antibiotics, reexcise the tract if necessary, and follow you closely.  This can be treated.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

+1

Sorry to read about all the problems you have had. Were you my patient I would have you see an infectious disease expert to help choose antibiotic therapy at this point. 

Sometimes the pocket needs to be debrided more than just once. Best wishes. Follow up with your surgeon.

Recurrent sinus

+1

It is not uncommon to require further irrigation and debridement of the wound until the infection subsides. It is best to follow closely with your surgeon.