Post Rhinoplasty Bruising..anything I Can Do to to Heal It Faster? (photo)

hi. this is my post op 5th day, splint was removed. But there is bruising around eyes. I couldnt get arnica gel. Is there anything else that can be applied locally for healing. Also the skin pores on which tape was applied has whiteheads and more oily. Can i do steaming for face to open pores. will it increase nasal congestion. my upper lips are still stiff, iam unable to laugh normally.Also is yawning harmful to the nasal bones as i underwent osteotomy and spreader grafting, tip grafting.

Post Rhinoplasty Bruising..anything I Can Do to to Heal It Faster?

+1

5 days ONLY!!! Best to allow 3 weeks of EARLY healing than see how you appear. I am wondering did not your surgeon discuss healing after rhinoplasty? 

Rhinoplasty bruising usually gone in a week.

+1

Hi.

The main thing  is not to worry.  In a week or two, the bruising from a rhinoplasty should be all gone.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

It's your fifth day!

+1

Five days after rhinoplasty!  Let me repeat that; five days!

CHILL.  Don't you guys talk to and trust YOUR  surgeon?

You can remove the whiteheads gently.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

drraine.com

Talmage J. Raine, MD

Rhinoplasty and recovery

+1

Time will heal your nose. Steaming may not be a good idea becaue it may cause more swelling. Yawning shoudl not be a problem.

Postoperative Cleansing Following Rhinoplasty

+1

Gentle cleansing with soap and water can be used, but no rubbing or harsh substances should be employed.  In addition, yawning would have the most effect on alar base resection, which you did not have.  I would not worry.  The short answer on healing is there is no additional thing I would purchase to speed healing.