Can Porcelain Veneers Correct Overlapping Crowded Teeth? (photo)

Hi I am 23 years old.As u can see from the pic I have overlapping and crowded teeth.I only want to correct my upper jaw and smile confidently.For that can i go for porcelain veneers?How is it done and will it be suitable for my case?And is it permanent treatment to keep my teeth straighten?I do not want to go for invisalign or braces as it is painful and may require tooth extraction(as suggested by my doc since i do not have sufficient room)PLS suggest if there are other options too.THNX

Crowding and Veneers

+1

You need to reconsider Invisalign or Braces. You might be able to improve your smile without any extractions. You are concerned about "pain." Invisalign is typically not a painful process. With the new aligners patients report that the treatment is very comfortable. What will be more "painful" is having to file down your teeth for porcelain veneers and the added cost of having to redo them in the future. 

In theory you could fix your smile with veneers but it should not be your first option.

Miami Cosmetic Dentist

Crowded Teeth

+1

Veneers can definitely correct crowded teeth.  However, you want to be careful when deciding to treat your teeth with veneers.  Due to the amount of crowding I see in your picture, I would feel more comfortable treating you with some kind of orthodontic treatment.  You have options such as traditional orthodontic treatment (ie: braces) or Invisalign (clear aligners).  Based on the picture I see of your teeth, you seem to be a younger patient.  Therefore, be careful when deciding to do any treatment which requires grinding on tooth structure, ie: Veneers.  You may want to take the more conservative route so that you preserve more of your natural tooth structure. Good Luck!

Dr. Parnaz Aurasteh

Parnaz Aurasteh, DDS
Beverly Hills Cosmetic Dentist

Dr. Gerry Curatola's opinion on Porcelain Veneers vs. Invisalign for teeth crowding.

+1

Based on the photos that you submitted and your age, I would advise getting another consultation for Invisalign. I have treated many crowding cases such as yours with Invisalign, most very easily and without extractions necessary. In the past, extraction therapy and conventional braces would be an understandable pause to consider another option such as porcelain veneers. Porcelain veneers, which I have been placing since 1983, while another option, would involve significant preparation (filing down) of your young healthy teeth, which will probably also involve anesthetic injections, temporary veneers (while the permanents get made). They would also, most probably, involve more sensitivity, and most definitely, be more cost. 

Gerry Curatola, DDS
Manhattan Cosmetic Dentist

+1

Veneers usually fix problems like crowding. The more the crowding, the more it's necessary to plan well. Also, the more crowded it is, the more important you find a highly skilled cosmetic dentist.

You might be able to just fix the top teeth, but sometimes the straightness of your new top smile may be interfered with by the misalignment of your bottom teeth.

Sometimes some straightening or correction of your lower teeth is necessary as well, so that the new top smile can fit together correctly.

You will be unhappy with the results if you have an average dentist make your veneers. Your case is complex and you need a high degree of skill and experience to get a result you'll love.

Scott Greenhalgh, DDS
Denver Cosmetic Dentist

Veneers for correction of crowding.

+1

You should not rule out short-term invisalign or braces but if you absolutely don't want straightening, the short answer is yes veneers will work but there are several considerations.  The most important one is the position of the front tooth that sticks out the most and how much it would need to be reduced to allow for the thickness of the veneer.  I have done several cases similar to yours with veneers but careful planning is required.  Find an experienced cosmetic dentist who can do a complete smile analysis and be sure to ask for a wax model to see what your final veneers will look like and how much tooth reduction is necessary.

Michael Firouzian, DDS
Columbus Cosmetic Dentist

Alternative to invisalign crowded teeth

+1

The best option in your case is salign. Based on your picture, I am pretty sure that there is a way without having to extract teeth. Now, that being said, your case can be correct with crowns and veneer, although you have severe crowding. The treatment is permanent, but you may have to eventually replace the veneers and crowns in ten to fifthteen years (normal wearness). The whole process might take about a month to fix your smile.

Ba Khoa Nguyen, DDS
Montreal Cosmetic Dentist