Would Masseter Botox Would Help Me Much? (photo)

I consulted my doctor for rhinoplaty but after seeing me he is pushing me to go for Masseters Botox before rhinoplaty( he saw my face from far and didnt even touch it to analyse)I am not sure if the Botox will do much good to me,as my cheekbones are broad and I have fluffy cheeks too thou I am slim. He says “Given the structure of your face,Masseters must be done with the nose.For best results for the nose too. I was keeping my priorities as Rhinoplasty and then chin implant. I am confused now.

Rhinoplasty, Chin Implant, and Botox to Masseters

+1

Rhinoplasty, chin implant, and Botox to the masseters can all be used to help achieve your goals.  Botox of 25 units per masseter is the usual dose.  The 100 units mentioned was probably for Dysport.   Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon with the BEST credentials who has performed hundreds of these procedures.

Botox and masseter reduction

+1

It sounds like you need to visit more than one provider to get a better understanding of what your options may be. I would first determine what will make YOU happy, and go from there!

Sam Naficy, MD

Botox for masseter or jawline reduction or TMJ symptoms

+1

Botulinum toxin using Botox, Dysport or Xeomin is an effective way to bring out slimming lower 1/2 of the face by creating targeted atrophy of the masseter muscles, which are responsible for chewing as well as the TMJ symptoms that people who suffer from teeth grinding may have. In the hands of an experienced and advanced core aesthetic physician injector, most can see a difference in 2-4 weeks. Based on my clinical experience, less should be done as additional botulinum toxin touchup can be done later, particularly for the first time to minimize migration of the Botox and to avoid excessive weakening of the muscles responsible for chewing.

William Ting, MD
Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox for Masseter Muscles

+1

Individuals with a very square jaw and/or wide lower face benefit from Botox injection on the masseter muscles. It helps thin the lower face and better define the chin. From your pictures, I do believe you might be a candidate for this treatment. However, the selection of a cosmetic procedure should be based on your concerns. If you are concerned about your nose, I would seek a second opinion about the rhinoplasty procedure before pursuing an alternative therapy.

Adam J. Mamelak, MD
Austin Dermatologic Surgeon

Facial width

+1

If your facial width is more due to the muscle than the jaw itself, then Botox may help to soften it, but it will take several treatments over a year or more time.

Would Masseter Botox Help Me Much? Does this need to be done before rhinoplasty?

+1

You do appear to be a candidate for masseter Botox treatment to slim your lower face. However, if you desire a rhinoplasty and chin implant that should also be the focus of your plastic surgeon. I do agree with you based on your photos that you are a good candidate for rhinoplasty and chin augmentation. If you feel that your plastic surgeon does not share your priorities then you should seek a second opinion. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Your Priorities Should Guide Cosmetic Procedure Choice

+1
Thank you for your question.  I agree with you that if a rhinoplasty and chin augmentation are your cosmetic priorities, that these areas should be the focus of attention.  You appear to be a reasonable candidate for both procedures and botox to the masseters is not absolutely necessary to give you an improvement.  Good luck with your decision.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Botox to masseter muscles

+1

I agree with Drs Kaplan and Culbertson, you should address what you are most concerned with first.  You look like a beautiful young lady, the addition of the neurotoxin to the masseter muscle will likely augment the effects of the wanted rhinoplasty.

Purvisha Patel, MD
Germantown Dermatologist

Botox for Masseter

+1

Hi Ritu.  We think that you may benefit from the masseter injections too.  The problem is that your surgeon needs to respect your priorities.  If you feel like the rhinoplasty is most important at this time then stick with that.  We see no reason why they have to be done together.  

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Rhinoplasty and chin implant will help you achieve your goal

+1

I don't recommend masseter muscle Botox for the reasons you provided. Your chin (chin implant) and your nose (rhinoplasty) will help you achieve the cosmetic goals you are looking for. Your cheeks and jawline should be left intact.

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon